Monday 29 February 2016

Lush Kitchen: Prince Shower Gel


When seeing this shower gel listed on the kitchen, I wasn't totally sure what the outcome would be. A shower gel, scented after a shaving cream?... I ordered some anyway because I knew I liked the smell of Prince Shaving Cream, but wasn't totally sure what to expect, as I can't say it's a particularly memorable scent. I was pleasantly surprised with what arrived.

To answer any questions, it is infact the same scent as the Prince Shaving Cream, although I feel the scent is much much stronger within the gel, whilst not amazed by it, I really do like it! To anyone who hasn't smelt the shaving cream, it's quite similar to Frozen, but not as strong on the Neroli, it's more lemony, and has vetivert in it, making the scent seem almost more 'mature'


There's a lot of Orange in here too; Orange Flower Absolute, Mandarin Oil (Mandarins are oranges and I won't let anyone tell me differently) and Sweet Orange Oil. Which makes the scent really uplifting and positive, I feel this does come through, but not as strong as something like The Brightside, or Sun perfume, it's just kind of there. There's some Sea Salt in here too which is lovely and softening on the skin, so I can imagine this is perfect for Summer when you want a bit of extra TLC for your body.

Overall, I'd rate this a 3 out of 5. It's not terribly exciting, it's just kind of a nice shower gel. It's nothing that screams 'LUSH' to me. I would buy it again, but maybe only one bottle. I wouldn't crazily stock up like I would with something like Slammer. Try it yourself, and see how you feel, I can see it being a favourite for some people!

No comments:

Post a Comment