Tuesday 23 February 2016

Gorilla Perfume: Vanillary



Today I thought I'd talk about one of the perfumes by Lush. Lush hold a perfume line named, Gorilla Perfume. In essence, it features (as of yet) 3 volumes of perfume made from essential oils, all highly unique in fragrance. It's the unique nature of these perfumes, that makes me fall in love with the line. I have a pretty hefty collection, which I may one day do a blog post about. Vanillary was my first ever Lush perfume, I was given this as a Random Act of Kindness by a lovely member of staff, at the Regents Street Lush store. It was several years ago, and I was given one of the old style solids in the tube. I was fixated.

The base note is of course, vanilla. It's light and sweet, reminiscent of cake, coming from the mixture of the vanilla, and tonka (actually pictured on the label). It also holds a jasmine note, giving it a sensual, almost earthy undertone, providing depth to the fragrance, as opposed to just 'smelling like cake' meaning the perfume is easily worn day or night. (I am a huge believer in day and night time perfumes, however I believe this one transfers between both easily)


This perfume used to share its scent with a partnered body lotion, Vanilla Dee-Lite, however it has very sadly been discontinued. These two used to layer perfectly together, so if you ever spot one on eBay, nab it! It may also feature on the Lush Kitchen sometime soon, however I plan to talk more about that in a future blog post.

Simply, Vanillary is light and fluffy. A great start for anyone looking to try Lush perfumes.
This fragrance is also available in the solid tins, which I hold in my pencil case at school for a top up throughout the day. The solid perfume tins hold a 20% fragrance strength, the same as your average Eau De Toilette. A solid of Vanillary is £8, an Eau De Toilette is £20+ (You do the maths) Their perfume, though seemingly an investment, is great value for money, with the 100ml bottle (pictured above) retailing for only £58. A steal when compared with other high end brands.

I see no reason to not rate this perfume a 5 out of a possible 5 stars, I rave about this to all my friends, and always receive compliments when wearing this perfume.

No comments:

Post a Comment